The Structure and Function of Macromolecules
1. List the four main types of macromolecules?
2. Imagine you eat a big plate of pasta. Which reactions must be performed for the glucose in the pasta to be stored as glycogen in your liver?
3. Distinguish between carbohydrates, monosaccharides, and polysaccharides.
4. Identify the functions of starch and glycogen.
5. Compare and contrast starch and cellulose.
6. Distinguish between saturated and unsaturated fats.
7. How are phospholipids and steroids related to fats?
8. Draw the structure of an amino acid.
9. Why is it important to have amino acids with different properties?
10. What is the relationship between protein form and function?
11. Describe what is involved in producing the final shape of a protein.
12. What are some possible results of changing the primary structure of a protien?
13. Compare and contrast DNA and RNA in both structure and function.
14. How can DNA and proteins be used to evaluate evolutionary relationships?